- Earn 3 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at the Radisson Family of Hotels
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else
- Get 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in eligible net purchases on your card within the first 90 days
- Earn one free e-cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000/3 nights)
- Regular Purchase APR: 22.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 22.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: None
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Checking-In to the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card
The Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card is a straightforward hotel rewards card for travelers who frequent any of the more than 1,100 Radisson hotels across the world. Cardholders would be treated to 30,000 bonus points if they spent $1,000 in eligible purchases in the first 90 days, which are redeemable for up to 3 free award nights worldwide.
How it Works
- Earn Points with Radisson Hotel Stays: Cardholders can triple points (three points for every dollar spent) on eligible net purchases with Radisson and Radisson-family hotels worldwide. The Radisson brand includes some impressive names, including Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Radisson RED, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites.
- Earn with Everything Else: Cardholders earn a single reward point per dollar spent for all other purchases made with their card.
- Hotel Stays: Radisson Rewards points are best used towards redemptions for stays at Radisson properties, with reward nights starting at as low as 9,000 points. Radisson does not black out dates on standard rooms – an excellent perk for rewards members.
- Transfer Points to Airline Rewards Programs: The Radisson Rewards program allows members to transfer their rewards points to over 35 different airlines’ frequent flyer programs. The program also features an exclusive bonus of a redemption rate of 7:1 with SAS EuroBonus®, the frequent flyer program for Scandanavian Airlines.
- TSA Precheck: Radisson Rewards points are redeemable towards the cost of TSA Precheck providing five years of hassle-free travel with TSA. TSA Precheck redemptions cost 65,000 points.
- Priority Pass: Points are redeemable towards Priority Pass membership. Priority Pass provides access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide.
- Charity: Points are transferrable to charities, such as the American Red Cross, SOS Children’s Villages, or First Climate, allowing members to use their points for good causes.
- Other Ways to Redeem: Points are also applicable for other rewards, such as gift cards, prepaid cards, hotel perks, and more.
Today’s Bonus Offer
New cardholders earn 30,000 bonus points when they use their card to make just $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account. As Radisson Reward stays start at just 9,000 points, an initial spend of just $333 each month for the first three months could be worth up to three free nights at Radisson – not too shabby.
Getting Under the Sheets with the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card
- Annual Fee: The Radisson Rewards™ Visa® features no annual fee, which is a very nice perk.
- Not Many: While the Radisson Rewards program is great, the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® isn’t big on actual hotel perks.
- E-Certificates: Cardholders earn a Free Night E-Cert for every $10,000 they spend on their card in a calendar year (up to $30,000) and when they renew their card.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Cardholders receive 24/7 access to Visa’s travel and emergency services.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Visa offers cardholders rental, loss, and damage insurance when they use their Radisson Rewards™ Visa® to book their entire car rental.
- Warranty Manager: Cardholders receive warranty protection which adds one year of warranty to purchased items.
“Suite” Perks That Make the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card Worthwhile:
- Initial Bonus Offer: 30,000 bonus points when they use their card to make just $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days is a pretty impressive haul. For those who don’t want to pay an annual fee but still want great introductory bonuses – this may be your card.
“Reservations” About the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card:
- High APR: Best practice with credit cards is to pay off the entire balance each month, thereby avoiding interest payments. If, however, you prefer to carry a balance, the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card isn’t the card for you.
- Lack of Perks: The Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card offers no real hotel perks or bonuses, such as a later checkout time, free breakfast, or other on-property benefits, which is a real let down.
Time to Check-Out
The Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card is a decent hotel rewards card for the person that wants to earn points for their Radisson stays but doesn’t want to pay an annual fee. While the card lacks a lot of the same perks you may expect from a hotel rewards credit card, such as extended check-out hours, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, or others, the Radisson Rewards program more than makes up for these shortcomings. Points are redeemable for stays at over 1,000 Radisson properties worldwide, towards gift cards, transferrable to over 35 frequent flyer programs, or even used to pay for Priority Pass lounge access or TSA Precheck.
The high APR and lack of perks may turn many frequent travelers away, but for the occasional traveler that wants to be rewarded for their loyalty to Radisson, the Radisson Rewards™ Visa® Card is a decent choice to consider.
Editorial Disclosure — The opinions expressed on HotelCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, HotelCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.