This policy does not include any Terms and Conditions, which separately apply when using this website. You can find HotelCards’ Terms and Conditions below.
Effective November 1, 2019.
The Personal Data We Collect – What, How, and Why
We collect Personal Data from you that has been voluntarily provided. “Personal Data” might include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, billing address, home address, and phone number. For example, if you submit Personal Data of any kind to inquire about our Services while using our Services, or request support, we will use such information to reply to your inquiries. We may also collect Personal Data from a third party other than HotelCards regarding our Services. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to become a part of a mailing list and later wish to be removed from such a list, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in those mailings, or contact us.
We use your Personal Data to enhance your user experience, including, but not limited to, registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any Services. Your Personal Data may also be used to fulfill an obligation under law or contract, gain information via Google Analytics such as the country in which you reside and how many pages you visit on our site, and ensure you are a real person and not a bot when leaving a comment or review.
We may also gather Non-Personal Data information about you that is publicly available. “Non-Personal Data” refers to any other voluntary information other than that directly provided to HotelCards through the access or use of our Services, such as location and device details, as well as information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools such as your IP address and page view history. We use this information and the services of third parties, such as Google Analytics, to personalize your experience and improve the quality and functionality of HotelCards’ Services.
We do not rent, sell or share your Personal Data except in the following circumstances:
- You consent to the transfer of such information.
- To enable third-party service providers to assist in the services we provide to our clients.
- In legal matters, such as the response to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, exercising legal rights, defending against legal claims, or any other situation as required by law.
- Investigating, preventing or acting against illegal activity, suspected fraud, threats against the safety of any person, violation of our terms, or any agreement with us.
We reserve the right to retain and use the Personal Data we collect as reasonably necessary to comply with our contractual obligations to you, and to comply with applicable laws, including privacy and/or data protection legislation.
If you would like to revoke consent for your Personal Data to be used for other purposes, such as marketing, follow the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any material you receive through text or email.
Children’s Personal Data
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect information from such persons. If you are a parent or guardian whose child under 18 has provided us with personal information without your permission, please contact us so that we can take steps to locate and remove that information from our servers.
We go to considerable lengths to ensure the security of your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data when you use or access our Services. We enact stringent security procedures, limit data access to authorized personnel, and make use of commercial-grade hardware and software to maintain a reasonably secure environment appropriate to the nature of the information we store and process against unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. In the case of a data breach, we promise to both notify the suitable authorities and notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. By using or accessing our Services, you acknowledge and agree that no Internet security procedures and systems are 100% secure, and you understand that we offer no guarantee to the absolute security of the information we collect from you.
Terms and Conditions
- Links to External Third-Party Web Sites – HotelCards at any time may contain links to other websites throughout the Internet. Any links to such sites are operated and/or owned by third parties. HotelCards may not be held liable for any inaccuracies of these links, availability of information, and/or the content of information that may be found in the third-party website(s).
- Freedom From Errors – Every effort has been taken to make sure that all information is accurate within HotelCards, but there is no guarantee and/or warranty to the accuracy of any information found within the website. Contact information has been provided for credit card companies and issuers for viewers of the website. This information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, but HotelCards will not be held liable for any inaccuracies.
- Affiliations with Third Parties – HotelCards is not associated with the credit cards, or the issuers of the credit cards, or any other U.S. company or organization (private, public, or governmental) that may be listed throughout the website, except for affiliate programs that advertise their products or services throughout HotelCards, either through banner advertisements or direct text links. Affiliate partners who have an advertising relationship with HotelCards do not have any influence on the opinions and/or reviews posted by the members of HotelCards, as all credit card products and services are given equal and unbiased evaluations. However, affiliate partners may receive additional exposure throughout various sections within the HotelCards website.
- No Relation to Company Logos and/or Trademarks – HotelCards makes no claim of any form of relationship or ownership to any of the logos or trademarks of any credit card issuer whose credit cards may be listed throughout the website of HotelCards.
- Usage of Content – No information or content found within HotelCards may be copied without the prior written consent of one or more of the members of HotelCards, for that of commercial or noncommercial use.
- Message Boards / Posted Cardholder Comments – Reviews and evaluations posted within HotelCards by Internet users are based on the individual’s personal opinion and do not reflect the opinion of HotelCards, or any of its members. Though HotelCards regularly monitors all posted messages for abusive or inappropriate content, it is not responsible for the opinions, evaluations, or reviews posted by Internet users.
- Credit Card Reviews & Ratings – Reviews posted by members of HotelCards are designed to offer educational and insightful information on various credit card products. Reviews and ratings are based on personal opinion only and do not reflect the opinions or needs of various Internet viewers and/or cardholders. Any serious consideration of a credit card product or service should not be based solely on the comments or opinions posted within HotelCards.
- Warranty / Limitation Disclaimer – You, the Internet viewer, understand and agree that the use of this website is conducted at your own risk. No liability shall be held against HotelCards for any interruption of service, or for any inaccuracies, or lack of reliability in which it may be involved, nor does HotelCards warrant against the results of such possible incidences that may cause damages and/or inconveniences to the Internet viewer. HotelCards will not be held liable for any possible consequential or indirect damages that may be brought upon by the use, or inability to use, the HotelCards website.
- Final Notation – HotelCards may suspend, change, or stop the service, or any aspect of the website (i.e. internal web pages), at any time during operation, including, but not limited to, any database, message boards, email addresses, or other content without any prior notification or liability. This agreement may also be changed or modified by HotelCards at any time while the website is active. By using the website, you are bound to the terms and conditions set forth within. Once the terms and conditions can no longer be accepted, access to the HotelCards website should no longer be obtained.
If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us.